Snippy Snappy Quotes
People look/are smart if they can use the right quote at the right time. Its widely perceived thing. Not saying I rally with the idea. However, I had a thought; what if I could do the same? The problem is in the last 4 years; I managed to maybe put right quotes at 3 occasions. That's at least what I recall, feeling great at about quoting.
I also mentioned this funny idea to my good friend. We laughed. I thought a quote app that I categorize for specific occasions. Then I got more interested in the technology of building the SwiftUI app. I knew I wasn't in for the quote if I had gone that route. And so, after work, I thought why not just write about it. Maybe I get few comments and incorporate them here.
Please be aware this is not about short phrases like
It is what it is,
Do what you love. Neither it is about massively used phrases everyone says all the time like
Do or die,
Quotes I like to use sometime:
- "Nothing in life is as important as you think it is, while you are thinking about it" - Thinking Fast & Slow
- A reliable way of making people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. - Thinking Fast & Slow
- We can be blind to the obvious, and we are also blind to our blindness. - Thinking Fast & Slow
- If you intend to insist on justice in order to live a successful and happy life, you will not do so in this lifetime, on this planet. - Psycho-Cybernetics
- The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one. - Psycho-Cybernetics
- So this is the goal: To make money by increasing net profit, while simultaneously increasing return on investment, and simultaneously increasing cash flow. - The Goal
- Tell me how you measure me, and I will tell you how I will behave. - The Goal
- I say an hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour out of the entire system. I say an hour saved at a non-bottleneck is worthless. Bottlenecks govern both throughput and inventory. - The Goal
- Difficult conversations do not just involve feelings, they are at their very core about feelings. - Difficult Conversations
- Interpretations and judgments are important to explore. In contrast, the quest to determine who is right and who is wrong is a dead end. - Difficult Conversations
- Markets that do not exist cannot be analyzed: Suppliers and customers must discover them together. - The innovator's dilemma
- Processes and values define how resources—many of which can be bought and sold, hired and fired—are combined to create value. - The innovator's dilemma
- Effectiveness is doing the right thing. Efficiency is doing the thing right. Or; Effectiveness is picking a direction and efficiency is running better. Effectiveness is goal oriented, efficiency is process oriented. - Scott Hanselman, Scaling yourself Talk.
- Ignorance costs you more than you’ll ever know.
- Working hard for something you don't care is Stress. Working hard for something you love/care/believe about is Passion.
- Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
- Coming together is a beginning; staying together is progress; working together is success. - By Caroli, Paulo e TC. Caetano. FunRetrospectives
- The language in which we express our ideas has a strong influence on our thought processes. - Donald Ervin Knuth
- If we cant automate it, its probably art.
**Please note: This will be my ongoing collection of Quotes. A repertoire of quotes for me, might be useful for you too.